The Security Operations Workgroup is an open forum for IT staff to learn about and provide input on central security solutions. Group meetings are open to anyone who wishes to attend but will be targeted specifically to departmental IT staff with responsibility for managing information security.
Examples of issues we will bring to this group for discussion and review include:
- Base install configuration for client security software
- Feature requests for ISO applications (NetReg, etc.)
- Implementation of new processes for notification and network blocking
- Guidelines for appropriate security controls for systems, apps, DB, etc.
- Suggestions for ISO service additions and improvements
Please contact email@example.com to request to be added to the workgroup.
All meetings announcements and communications take place through the UCB-Security Mailing List. Currently registered campus security contacts have been invited to join the list, and we accept and review requests from all staff with IT security responsibilities who wish to participate.
Campuswide security is a shared responsibility and as such, will be most successful if the development and implementation of central security solutions involve input and engagement from departmental IT staff. We look forward to working with IT staff across campus to improve security for students, faculty, and staff.