What We Do
Berkeley's Minimum Security Standards for Electronic Information (MSSEI) are a minimum set of security controls that systems must meet in order to handle campus data.
Information Security and Policy (ISP) offers an assessment service following the security requirements of MSSEI to identify technical and procedural weaknesses in campus applications that store, process or transmit Protection Level 2 (PL2) and Protection Level 3 (PL3) data.
Why We Do It
The MSSEI assessment service is designed to reduce risk to campus by assessing PL2 and above systems against minimum security standards.
- System and service operators benefit by being able to assure customers (campus) that they are meeting minimum security standards and protecting customer data
How to Get Started
The first step to a MSSEI assessment is for stakeholders to fill out and submit a MSSEI Self Assessment Plan. Please see Details of the MSSEI Assessment Service for more information and instructions.
Service Details and Additional Information
- Details of the MSSEI Assessment Service
- MSSEI Self Assessment Plan (SAP) Step-by-Step Guide
- MSSEI Self Assessment Plan Templates (make a copy in Google Docs):
- Submit Your MSSEI Self Assessment Plan (CalNet login required)