The DESIGNATED AGENT to receive allegations of copyright infringement for UC Berkeley online locations, in accordance with the DMCA, is Craig Carlson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The website on Digital Copyright Protection at the University of California clarifies the University's position with respect to digital copyright and provides access to resources that explain copyright law, clarify users' responsibilities, and encourage appropriate use of the Internet.
- Guidelines for Compliance with the Online Service Provider Provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (a 6-page PDF document) prepared by the University of California Office of General Counsel.
- The complete Digital Millennium Copyright Act (H.R. 2281)
- A "Digital Millennium Copyright Act Summary" from the U.S. Copyright Office (18-page PDF document)
- Summary of Digital Millennium Copyright Act provisions, from The UCLA Online Institute for Cyberspace Law and Policy
- EDUCAUSE "Current Issues" regarding: The Digital Millennium Copyright Act