Phishing attacks are an ongoing threat to campus and are becoming increasingly sophisticated. Successful Phishing attacks can cause financial loss for victims and put their personal information at risk.
Each individual on campus is responsible for protecting their own CalNet credentials. Please take a moment to review the following tips on recognizing Phishing emails:
- Passwords in Email = Epic Fail. Never send your passwords in email!
- If you didn't expect it, reject it. Don't click unexpected links!
- Hover to Discover. Look out for deceptive links!
- Check for Trash Before the Slash. Verify "https://auth.berkeley.edu/" in your browser bar before entering CalNet credentials!
- Is it a Phish? Drop us a line.