What makes this a Phishing message?
- It is inappropriate to address the recipient as "Dear Email User" and put the message salutation in the subject line.
- The sender address has been forged to appear to be from a real person within the "Seed School Maryland" organization (the name has been changed to "John Doe"). As is common, the real sender didn't bother to forge the message from a "berkeley.edu" email account.
- The message has been sent to a email alias ("admin") in an unknown domain ("@notice.org"), instead of being specifically addressed to the recipient.
- The "Click Here" link redirects the user to a malicious website.
- Legal disclaimers, such as the one below, are typically intended to obfuscate the real intent of the phishing message.
Your password will expire in 2 days, Click Here
SEED IS PROUD TO BE A 21st CENTURY COMMUNITY LEARNING CENTER.