What makes this a Phishing message?
- The weird special characters in the subject line are highly suspicious.
- The sender of the message has been forged to appear to be from a real person in the Capistrano school district (the name has been changed). The culprit who sent this message didn't bother to readdress it from a person in the "berkeley.edu" domain.
- The recipient address is an email alias ("info") in an unknown domain ("@live.com"). You would expect a notification such as this to be sent directly to the person's address.
- The red font color, the poor grammar, and the weird special characters in the body of the message are all very suspicious.
- The "Click Here" link leads to a malicious website.