What makes this a Phishing message?
- While the sender's address looks authentic, that is easily forged
- The subject line is a giveaway, the HR Dept. would never send an "URGENT" salary notification via email
- "Marquette University"..? "hence"..? Really..?
- The punctuation is missing at the end of each sentence
- The link to "gabrielramon.be" is not a university address
- The "Faithfully" signature is unprofessional, and the fact that the message is not from a real person is another indication of a phish
Hello, You have an important email from the Human Resources Department with regards to your December 2015 Paycheck
This email is enclosed in the Marquette University secure network, hence access it below
Access the documents here <http://gabrielramon.be/<link removed>
***Ensure your login credentials are correct to avoid cancellations**