What makes this a Phishing message?
There are many clues to indicate this is a phish - don't be fooled by the official-looking emblem, or by messages requiring "urgent" action:
- The "." at the end of the subject line is suspicious
- The message does not have a signature from a real person to indicate who it is from
- Hover your cursor over the "Update" link - the "http://www.labour-department.info" address is highly suspect in many ways:
- No "https" protocol for secure communication
- "labour" is misspelled (unless you live in a British commonwealth country)
- ".info" suffix should be ".gov"
No legitimate business or government entity should ever request personal information to be updated online.
Subject: Record Update.
U.S Dept. of Labor
Frances Perkins Building,
200 Constitution Ave., NW,
Washington, DC 20210