Zoom V. 5 is available for download
The newest version further addresses issues related to security and privacy
Specific changes include these user experience/controls
- Security icon: Zoom’s security features are now grouped together and located in the "Security" icon in the host's meeting menu bar.
- Robust host controls: Hosts will be able to “Report a User” to Zoom (to report abuse to campus: firstname.lastname@example.org) via the Security icon. Hosts can now also disable the ability for participants to rename themselves.
- Screen sharing settings: These settings now default to the host only.
- Waiting Room default-on: Waiting Room is now on by default for educational accounts and hosts can now activate the Waiting Room while their meeting is already in progress.
- Cloud recordings passwords: Passwords are now set by default to all those accessing cloud recordings (aside from the meeting host) and require a complex password. See our page on securing cloud Zoom recordings.
We recommend users update immediately. The update is accessible for manual download through the desktop-client:
Open the Zoom application on your system and select “Check for Updates...” from the zoom.us drop-down menu
Alternatively, there are instructions to download new version updates available through the Zoom site page: Where Do I Download the Latest Version
Note: depending on how Zoom was initially installed you may need an admin password to update. Contact ITCS email@example.com or your departmental IT staff for assistance if your system prompts you for admin credentials.