CalNet Identity Management Services : Policy
See https://calnetweb.berkeley.edu/calnet-technologists/calnet-terms-service for a list of applicable CalNet terms of service.
- What is CalNet: https://calnetweb.berkeley.edu/about-calnet
- CalNet Terms of Service: https://calnetweb.berkeley.edu/calnet-me/calnet-user-terms-service
- CalNet ID requirements: https://calnetweb.berkeley.edu/calnet-me/info-new-users/calnet-id-requirements
- CalNet Passphrase requirements: https://calnetweb.berkeley.edu/calnet-me/info-new-users/passphrase-requirements
- CalNet Special Purpose accounts: https://calnetweb.berkeley.edu/calnet-departments/special-purpose-accoun...
- CalNet Sponsored Guests: https://calnetweb.berkeley.edu/calnet-technologists/calnet-terms-service...
- Users must abide by applicable policies governing the use of Berkeley Campus computers and the network. (See Campus IT policies.)
- Campus online services that are accessed using CalNet may have additional conditions for use. CalNet users are required to familiarize themselves with and comply with these.
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY:
Each CalNet Directory attribute has an owner whose permission must be obtained before an application may use that data.
SECURITY CAUTIONS AND GUIDELINES:
GENERAL POLICY COMPLIANCE:
CalNet resources must be developed so as to comply with all applicable laws and policies governing the University of California, Berkeley. For example, the Campus Online Activities Policy clarifies some particular areas, such as: