NetReg Features and Improvements
The following are some of the features and benefits of NetReg.
Centralized administration: NetReg provides one place to access several network security registration services including:
- Security contact administration
- Registration of subnets and IP addresses
- Off-site hostname registration
- Cable ID Information for registered devices, IP addresses, and subnets
- Device registration for DHCP services
Role-based administration: Assets in NetReg (e.g., subnets, IP addresses, devices, restricted data applications) are assigned to security contact roles. Only authorized members of a contact role can make registration changes and receive security notifications for those assets.
Self-service administration: Administration tasks such as: claiming new subnets, registration of MAC addresses for DHCP service, are self-managed. No need to contact ISO.
NetReg helps campus departments maintain security contact information and improves upon the previous security contact registration program by providing:
- 100% coverage of allocated UC Berkeley IP addresses for routing security notices to the right party
- Assurance that Security Contacts are authorized to manage registered assets and information
- Improved data integrity related to security contact membership, organization, assigned network information and more
Future NetReg Features
- Simplify off-site hostname registration
Contact email@example.com for any questions or additional support.