Register or Claim Network Assets in NetReg:
- Subnets and individual IP addresses
- Offsite hostnames
- CC IP Addresses
Initially, security contacts and their maintainers, as well as registered IP addresses and subnets, subdomains and off-site hostnames were converted from the previous Security Contact application.
For new registrations and ongoing maintenance of existing registrations:
Register a Subnet or IP Address:
- Select ‘Subnets’ from the left nav bar.
- Use the buttons at the bottom of the page to 'Claim unclaimed subnets', 'Request IP address' from another CR, or 'Give IP address' to request to transfer of registration of an individual IP address.
- To relinquish a subnet currently owner by your CR, use the 'Abandon' button next to that subnet.
Register an Offsite Hostname:
- Select ‘Offsite Hostnames’ from the left nav bar.
- Use the 'Add Offsite Hostname' button at the bottom of the page and fill in the appropriate details.
- Checking 'May SNS scan this host?' provides permission for ISO to scan this offsite host for vulnerabilities.
Register a Subdomain:
- Select ‘Subdomains' from the left nav bar.
- Enter the name of the existing Berkeley.EDU subdomain you would like to register.
- To de-register a subdomain your CR currently owns, use the 'Deregister' button next to that subdomain.
Register a CC CR IP Addresses:
- Select 'CC CR IP Addresses' from the left nav bar.
- Use the 'Request CC IP Address' button at the bottom of the page to enter an IP address and send a request for CC IP Address status to the CR that has registered the IP address.
- Use the 'Add CC Contact role to your IP Address' button at the bottom of the page to find and add another CR to your IP address.
- To delete a CC CR IP address use the 'Delete' button next to that IP address.
Please contact email@example.com for any questions, or additional support.