NetReg is a self-service network registration portal developed by the Information Security Office to help campus departments and security contacts maintain network registration information for IP address space, devices, and protected data applications and systems and to meet policy requirements.
It is designed to allow Security Contacts* the ability to update the assets (IP Addresses and Subnets, Offsite Hostnames, Protected Data Applications, etc.) for which they are responsible (from an IT Security perspective.)
*A Security Contact is a role within NetReg composed of individuals.
Information and Definitions:
- Getting Started: A quick tour of the NetReg interface
- Security Contact: Definitions of the types of security contact roles used in NetReg
- Network Assets: Definitions of the types of network assets Security Contacts may register and how to register them
- Offsite Hosting: Instructions for adding, editing, and viewing Offsite Hostnames
- Register Devices: Instructions for registering devices for use with Campus DHCP Service.
- Register Protected Data Applications: Register information systems that handle protected data (UC P2 or higher).
Use Cases and Best Practices:
- Use Cases: NetReg solutions for common scenarios
- Best Practices: Periodically review your registrations with these tips
- NetReg FAQs: Look here for answers to common questions
Please contact email@example.com for any questions or additional support.