Don't Get Stung
Since emails can be easily spoofed, it’s a good habit to “float” your cursor over an address before replying. It's tempting, but don’t click on links or automatically reply to emails, even if it seems to be from someone you know. Instead, hover over the link with your mouse to see the underlying email or URL destination.
For iOS touchscreen devices, press and hold the email address or link—don't tap it—to reveal the actual email address or URL. Remember, never reply to an unverified email or click on a link unless it goes to an entity or site that you trust.
Keep your information safe:
- Know your opponent and how to dodge their attacks
- Keep personal information out of the public eye
- Remember to keep your guard up
- Join the fight by reporting phishing attacks
Dodge their attacks—and counter—by reporting it:
Using the bMail web interface:
- Open the message
- To the right of 'Reply' arrow, select 'More' (typically denoted with three vertical dots)
- Then 'Report phishing'
If you are unable to log into bMail forward the message to email@example.com