The bSecure project is a joint initiative from the Network Operations & Services (NOS) and Information Security & Policy (ISP) teams. The bSecure project aims to replace aging Campus firewall and VPN technologies, and offer additional threat prevention and enhanced security services on Campus networks.
UC Berkeley aquired Palo Alto Networks to replace its legacy firewalls and VPN solution and engaged Digital Scepter to execute and support the migration from the existing Cisco ASA infrastucture onto the Palo Alto Networks solution.
- Replace and migrate legacy Campus firewalls (Cisco ASA products) to Palo Alto Networks firewalls providing "like for like" functionality and a unified management interface for firewall customers
- Deploy Palo Alto Networks PA-5000 Series firewalls at multiple locations to support Campus data center and departmental firewalls in a high availability configuration
- Provide Threat Prevention and Enhanced Security Services across Campus
- Replace the existing Campus VPN and provide an additional High Security VPN solution
- Deploy an Advanced Endpoint Protection solution for a limited number of critical assets